From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2018 11:29:27 -0400
I know only a little of the exact science behind the findings of Paul Stamets. I have been to WSU (Washington State Univ.) a number of times and seen the lab and field trials that are underway with the direction of Steve Sheppard and I have attended a presentation by Mr. Stamets that covered more broadly his study of mycology. He and Dr. Sheppard are serious and well regarded scientists. His fascination with the subject did indeed start with youthful exploration of the wonders of magic mushrooms. Me too. The trials while a long way from providing a useful practical treatment for viruses in our bees have had measurable positive results and certainly deserve further study. To dismiss his findings because of some of his other musings would, in my opinion, be foolish.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA