From:
CSlade777 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 18:43:59 EDT
Honey crystallises most rapidly at around 57 degrees F.  The further you get
away from this temperature (within common sense limits) the longer
crystallisation will be delayed.  It is sometimes recommended to keep comb
honey in a refridgerator until ready for sale.  The disadvantage of keeping
honey cold is that it increases viscosity so it will not flow as well.

Changing the subject I have just returned from a few days in Belgium where I
walked for 100 kilometers along the roads, lanes and footpaths in the Ypres
area.  Although the fields and gardens were weed free there were plenty of
garden flowers (eg Limnanthes) and trees especially sycamore and there were
plenty of flowers in the verges including a few early examples of the famous
poppies.  I didn't see a single honey bee.  Are there no beekeepers in that
area?

Chris Slade

Chris Slade