Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2012 22:10:13 GMT
...I'll admit that I've not had the time to really delve into this and understand all the implications.  This, however, has been posted on one of the other forums recently....indicating that the activity of RNA has already been integrated into the honey bee genome???

deknow

"With regards to Remembee:

It's principle modes of action are non-LTR retrotransposition assisted transgenesis, AND RNAi.

Most folks miss the first mode of action because they don't realize that since the target fragments are from viruses that have integrated into the Honeybee genome, they already have the required secondary structures to become integrated by retrotransposition.

It's been overlooked because it has been completely omitted from the two studies (Maori et al., and Hunter et al.) published on RNAi technology in Honeybees.

I'd recommend 'The R2 retrotransposon RNA families', by Moss et al., and everything by T.H. Eickbush, to understand the importance of the secondary structure of RNA to this new technology.

So, they have been making transgenic Honeybees for years now using RR Remembee (Retrotransposition-Ready Remembee). "