From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 31 May 1998 14:50:49 -0500
On 30 May 98 at 19:43, BILL HUGHES JR wrote:

> Today I checked one of my hives and discovered that some of the
> cells had two eggs in them, but not all.  I checked all the frames
> and found that it was about a 20% had two eggs will the rest had
> only one.
>   There is six frames of sealed brood, larve and eggs and lots of
> bees.  This colony did swarm eariler this year.  Do I just have a
> young queen or laying workers?

By now you've had a number of answers, and I agree with the young
queen, as often in our baby nucs we find multiple eggs. To the
untrained it can look like laying workers, sometimes.
        Interestingly enough I was grafting late last week and found some
multiple larvae. In two or three cells there were two larvae being
fed. I can only assume that at some later stage one or both would be
removed.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Dr, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1
Phone/fax  705-326-7171