From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:15:55 -0400
>I've tried all sorts of ways to correct drone laying workers and/or queen
>with a lot of labor and little success, except merging with a queenright
>colony or nuc. You said you have a queenright nuc, so just sit it on top
>of the dronelayer hive with newspaper between and allow them to merge.

>Jerry in Pa

One method I have had a good deal of luck with in rehabilitating a problem
hive is to introduce frames of brood to the problem hive. I put in frames of
both eggs as well as capped brood. This should help increase the number of
young bees in the hive as well as introduce brood pheromone (If the bees are
inclined they may start pulling queen cells from the introduced frames).
Once a number of the capped cells have emerged the introduction of a queen
may have a better chance.