Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 19:59:00 EDT
Bob

You are absolutely correct.

This article was written for the peer-reviewed process - which is essential
 if we ever hope to break down the funding barriers in order to complete
this  job.

Weeks ago, I supplied preprints to Randy, Malcom, Eric, and others,  who
are writing the story for the beekeepers - I'll let them expand on the
management issues, and I hope to get ideas from Bee-L.

I have been invited to speak at the Nat Conference in TX - and by that
time, I hope to have better recommendations based on feedback from  beekeepers.
 The purpose of the technical article was to present the  data.

The ABJ Extra posted today provides a bit more of our thinking as to
options for beekeepers.

Kim also has some notes from me that begin to start that  conversation - I
think he's going to post to the Buzz, expand upon it in the  Daily Green.

Unfortunately, we don't have a magic pill, but I'd highly recommend
thinking about the implications of two gut pathogens whose reproduction are
inhibited by temperatures above 30 C, and who thrive under cool, damp  conditions.

Beekeepers who keep bees in sheds may want to rethink how that's  done.  At
least very large beekeeper decided after the collapses of 2007  to avoid
wet/damp holding yards and thinks that's a major factor in the  improved
condition.

I'd also avoid small splits in two story boxes.  Just some  thoughts.

If we know the culprit, we can design the survey tools and begin to work on
 treatment options.

Jerry