From:
dthompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:04:39 -0500
>Seems to me that I heard that the problem with re-use diminished with
time.  Is that true?

No, unless you mean 5 years
I have reason to believe that 2 year old bare wood is infective
And now I think some more maybe I can say 3 year old equipment
I did see a yellow jacket doing ankle rub, a first, this past summer,
that was  from 3 years ago dead outs, wax cut out, no other equipment

IMO any frames with dead brood - burn
Bleach soak  for rest?
But any pollen is probably contaminated

But bees drift.    If it is ccd
then the closest hives will show symptoms
And may crash 6 months from now

If, in a month, you do see symptoms, feed VC
Or better yet, do an experiment!

dave