From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:39:29 EDT

> This is cut out of the instructions from Dr. Rodriguez
>
> "At present, oil is applied from a bottle (similar to a honey bear)
> with a spout with an opening of 1/16" diameter.  Oil is applied
> steadily, along the top bars leaving a continuous line of oil
> measuring approximately the size of a thin noodle.
>
> So don/t get in such an uproar..
>
> Jim

Well, I must issue a public apology.  I attended ABF in Virginia in
January specifically to hear what Dr. Rodriguez had to say.  There, he
was very careful to stress that a very small amount of FGMO was used,
smeared on strips of waxxed paper.  I was not aware that the application
method has changed and I must admit that I am guilty of that which I
cautioned against, having not read the latest instructions.  However in
my defense I'm not using FGMO in my hives either.

Getting back to the original question, "Any suggestions?", I'll stick to
my original evaluation that the amount of FGMO squirted on the top bars
was more than the "recommended" amount.

Aaron Morris - thinking crow is not such a bad dish.