From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:29:19 -0800
Hi To & All,

> You may be correct about honey, but your example is hogwash.

Thank you Tom, I am glad you agree with my example.

By the way, hogwash is full of nutrients that are beneficial for plant
growth, so if that too is an analogy, it compares well with how honey bees
can do better with real honey compared with sugar phoney.

> It was never a scientifically proposed idea that the world was flat.
> In fact as far back as the ancient greeks the spherical earth was known.

And if you go back even further the Sumerians believed that there was 12
planets, including the moon and one that only comes around to pass around
the sun once every several thousand years. So what, that was not my point.

My example to you may be hogwash to you but the fact remains that it was the
popular believe of the day, scientific or not. The analogy was presented as
being similar to how it is popular for beekeepers to believe that bees may
perish if left their honey and not fed sugar syrup. You simply did not
understand my analogy just as some do not understand the bees they keep.

As we go forward in time we will go on one of two paths, the right path, or
the wrong path. At the moment I am comfortable with the path I am on,
succeeding with the bee I keep, not using dopes in the hive, letting the
bees live on the stores they collected, breeding from survivors, allowing
the bees to live in a clean house on clean wax. If cleanliness is next to
Godliness, then I am keeping bees they way God would want them to be kept,
clean. At the moment the path that mainstream beekeeping is on is not
leading to a clean system for the bees to thrive on and the possible reason
for why colonies continue to perish on such a system.
   . ..
c(((([
Keith Malone
Chugiak, Alaska USA