Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 00:14:47 -0600
Anyone ever see a queen lay 3 or 4 eggs in a brood-cell, on nearly every
open cell?

This queen is a new (2-3 weeks) & she's working on four brood-frames
from my other hives.  I'm wondering if the limited space she has may be
a factor and perhaps she's just an extremely heavy layer with nowhere
else to lay? (I'll be giving her halfway-empty brood frames out of my
other hives tomorrow, if I can find some).

(no worries - she's not a laying worker - I know a queen when I see one
& she's marked)

If she's a dud, can I save the brood by picking out the extra eggs?  Or
will the bees do this themselves given a bit more time?

Thanks,
Mathew