From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:48:18 -0400
Paul,

I'm sorry I've not been reading Bee-L lately due to other distractions.  I see you asked me a question...or rather, a lot of pointed questions:

"Christina, could you clarify what you mean by "not sustainable"
and over what time frame?
Like could you name some specific widely grown crops where you
know the farmers themselves are deeply worried they may soon
have to accept lower yields due to serious and unsolvable
problems caused by "mega-ag" practices? If you know of some
specific crop examples, could you then tell us the specific
serious and unsolvable problems they are facing that were caused
by "mega-ag"practices? Thanks.

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif."

Meanwhile, others answered this much better than I would have!  Guess it was a good thing I didn't have access to Bee-L for a few days.

I hear that "Freedom" is the first bee-free almond tree?  So, if that works out for the almond farmers, they won't have to worry anymore about the current shortfall of healthy bees for those horizon-to-horizon almond groves.

Cheers,

Christina