From:
Walter Weller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:30:51 -0500
Waldemar says:

>>If you exercise vigorously you can bring your resting heart rate way down
>>and strecht those cycles over a longer period of time and thus extend your
>>life.

Years ago when I was young and very active I had worked my resting heart
rate down to 35, and the docs insisted I needed a pacemaker to get it back
up to a normal range (60 or 70).  So I did.  From their chatter and my
reading I think most pacemakers go in for that reason (bradycardia), not
atrial fib.  Nowadays I'm on my third or fourth pacemaker and it has a
built-in defibrillator, in case I happen to have sudden cardiac arrest.  It
hasn't had to shock me yet.  Since I'm 83 now it doesn't have a lot of time
left to prove it was worth the money.   If I had stayed with the low heart
rate, I might have worked it down to zero by now and live forever (;-|).

I don't think our organs wear out.  They might atrophy from lack of use, but
not wear out.  Bees might wear out their wings, but probably not their
internal organs.

Walter Weller

Access BEE-L directly at: