From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:16:13 -0400
>if you want to convince people that emphasizing that Organic is
>better than Ordinary is like selling snake oil you have got your work cut
>out for you.

Really, I have no interest in convincing anybody of anything. Quite the
contrary, it bothers me that some salespeople have to put down good honey
that is being sold in farm markets and shops all over the world.

If people feel better about buying organic, so be it. That doesn't mean
honey by and large is not a wholesome product. I am not talking about
pasteurized over-processed honey here; but honey that has been carefully
handled and packed, taken from bees that are raised in accord with standard
practices.

I know a lot of beekeepers who work very hard to produce a good product.
Many would no doubt try to keep bees without treatments if it would work.

pb