From:
Viktor Sten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:30:32 -0500
In 1951 the entomologist N. Tinbergen showed that a whasp Philanthus
Triangulum (which dig holes in the ground for burying prey insects as food
for its larvae) uses a mental picture of the location of the dug hole, to
find
it on return with prey. Books  on whasps often shows a drawing of how
the experiment was done. Since bees are a not too distant relative of
whasps I, gullible as I may be, take this as proof of bees conciousness.

If one were to serach  on Tinbergen on say google.com the said picture is
likely to be found.

Viktor in Hawkesbury, On.