From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:49:21 -0400
Hello Molokai!

Thats a good link!
Thanks for the great info!

I also found supporting reference material concerning honeybees in Hawaii
in a book I just received:

‘World History of Beekeeping and Honey Hunting’ by Eva Crane

I also have ‘Bees in America’ by Tammy Horn, but info provided is mostly
duplicate info being referenced from the book ‘World History of Beekeeping
and Honey Hunting’

I’m going back about 100 million years or so in creating my honeybee
timeline.  I ordered the book  ‘Archaeology of Beekeeping’ also by Eva
Crane.  If it is anywhere near as good as ‘World History of Beekeeping and
Honey Hunting’ it will be a great resource for me.

Still searching for reference material concerning the arrival of honeybee
in the states mentioned at the start of this thread.  I’ve taken to
writing the historical societies of each state to see what they may have
that can assist me.  Thanks again!

Joe Waggle
Derry, PA
“Bees Gone Wild Apiaries”