Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:31:56 -0700
I love my bees so please  HELP!
I purchased 7 nuc's the first part of April 99.  they were treated just
before I bought them.   within 2 weeks of that I had ordered, built and
setup 7 hivebodies with 7supers.   I moved the 7 nuc's one at a time into a
new hive setup.  all of what I moved from the nuc's looked dark and I did
not move the bees around I just moved the frames into the hives and filled
the remaining slot with new frames and left the bees alone.  having had
disturbed  them twice already I did not want to make them anymore unhappy.
all but 3 hives seem to be doing good.  lots of activity.  2 slow and 1
hardly at all.  I have put out a feeding pan with wintergreen oil and sugar
syrup and all are eating that in conjunction with foraging. this area has
miles and miles of open natural fields and lots of trees.  there are
orchards within 5 miles also.

here is my problem(S) since I am very new at this I have since learned what
I have already made mistakes and  want to go forward correctly. I have so
many questions and NO one to ask.  it is by accident that I have found this
place.  I live in a very isolated area in the central valley foothills of
California, USA.  I can find no one interested in bees or keeping them.  the
bees in the orchards are rented from out of state.  I have read allot of
books but would rather talk to someone.  is there anyone in the California
area - Stockton, Sacramento, or Modesto that keeps bees and would like to
give me some tips.  anyone else that would like to give me some information
I am open to that too.

awaiting the help of the old timers and the views of all.
sincerely,