From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 10:21:46 -0700
Brian Fredericksen wrote:

> We can be splitting hairs for the next 100 yrs on the
> latest chemical weaponary that is installed into plant
> materials or we can make a decision based on values
> like a simple concern for pollinators.

Brian, is the assumption that pollinators are in serious
or substantial decline due to industrialized farming
practices real or imagined?

Could you direct an investigative news reporter
to any industrialized farming region or area of your home
state of Minnesota where pollinators aren't abundant anymore?

Consider the intense Imidacloprid sunflower growing
areas in northwestern MN.  Could you show the reporter
first hand how there is a deminished abundance of
pollinators over there?

Ditto in regards to the intense GMO corn and soybean region
of southwestern MN?

Could you direct the reporter to any city or town in MN where
pollinators are not abundant anymore?

Could you direct the reporter to a GMO crop growing area in
MN where flowering weeds are not setting seed as much as
they used to due to a reduced abundance of pollinators?

Paul Cherubini