Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:18:43 EDT
If the Minoxidil is not working perhaps the bees are attracted to the glare :)
Do you have to wear rubber gloves when you apply the Minoxodil.?

  Anyway here in the Northeast   SE CT USA  the bees have had a couple good
flying days in a row and brood is expanding. Spring was late coming and the
colonies seem very small. Perhaps as a result of our wet summer last year and
my use of formic acid gel packs last fall. I switched colonies around to help
equalize strength and am in the process of setting bait hives up for swarms.
All of my losses from October to now total up at about 1/3 of the colonies as
I sat upon my hands and my duff to not mollycoddle any weaklings.  The
majority of failures were in hives with purchased queens who were clearly
marked. My splits will come from survivors and swarm cells. And I will start
to weed out old and poorly shaped brood combs.

Listening to a radio program today on WOR AM they discussed the Asian Long
Horned Beetle and are using an injection of Imidacloprid to treat trees in
the areas that have shown infestation in both NYC and Chicago.  Maples
especially,so heads up. The project head is named Giddleman or something
close to it in spelling and can be tracked down via the APHIS website
www.aphis.usda.gov/oa/alb/alb.html    if this affects anyone or through Ralph
Snodsmiths website WWW.Gardenhotline.com

What bees these mortals fool.