From:
Rick Fell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 1994 14:24:24 -0400
>I am looking for good methods of bleeding bees without causing undue harm
>Jerry J. Bromenshenk

Jerry - as an addendum to my note on bleeding bees, I should have also
mentioned chilling them first.  The easiest method for an inexperienced
individual is to place the bees in a small container on ice, if the samples
are to be taken in the field.  It is a little more difficult to get the
blood samples but the bees are easier to handle!  RDF
Richard Fell
Department of Entomology, Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA 24061
703-231-7207  Fax 703-231-9131