Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 14:39:47 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
On Feb 5, 2013, at 8:34 AM, Sai Suryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Next, your reaction to  our reasoning was to engage in derogatory remarks and shift attention to a different paper, titled "Relecutant Regulators". FYI: The latter is a policy piece, which elaborates on the implications of my research for pesticide policymaking.

I am not shifting attention to something else but pointing out the common thread in all of your writings: the support of beekeepers who have come to the wrong conclusions, the painting of the EPA as working for the Ag companies, and worst of all: your unflagging boosting of the "precautionary principle." The latter scarcely deserves the name "principle" at all. It calls for a burden of proof that impossible to meet, therefore it has no merit in a democracy. 

I would refer readers to

Cresswell, J. E., Desneux, N., & vanEngelsdorp, D. (2012). Dietary traces of neonicotinoid pesticides as a cause of population declines in honey bees: an evaluation by Hill's epidemiological criteria. Pest management science.

Kleinman, D. L., & Suryanarayanan, S. (2012). Dying Bees and the Social Production of Ignorance. Science, Technology & Human Values.

Rucker, R. R., Thurman, W. N., & Burgett, M. (2011). Colony Collapse: The Economic Consequences of Bee Disease.

Read these three and make up your own minds.

PLB

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2