From:
Stan Umlauft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 13:59:57 -0800
Dear Fellow Beekeepers

Wanted: List of good bee sites, URLs, FTPs, IRC groups, etc...
I'm rather new to the internet.
My main interest on the net is bees and beekeeping info.
I've been publishing newsletters for a couple local beekeeper groups for
the last 15 years. I'm always looking for fresh informitive material to
learn from, and share with other beekeepers.

Though I've had an account on the net for about 18 months, during the first

17 my time on line was <5 minutes total, all I did was maintain an E-MAIL
address. During the last 2weeks however I've spent probably 10 Hours and
plan spend plenty of time in the future on the net.

I've only been on this discussion service a couple days now, looks
interesting so far, thanks.

I used to be a member of the International Bee Research Association,  which
is mother to this "Bee-L"  e-mail list. My membership expired, but my
respect for this organization remains strong. I had way too many bee
related memberships and subscriptions at the time.
I had the privelidge of meeting Eva Crane, a former Director of the IBRA. I
believe it was in Corvalis, Oregon USA during the 1992 Western Apicultural
Society Conference. She also is the author of the only $140.00 beekeeping
book (Bees and Beekeeping) in my library that's really worth its price.
So much for my reminiscent babble. Thanks in advance for info on sites.

I already dicovered, the following neat site:
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jlks/bee.html/   Beekeeping Home Page.
This page has Quite a few interesting links.

Kindest wishes,
Stan Umlauft
Bay Point, CA USA