From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:29:39 -0500
It doesn't matter who works for the company, or which individual working for
that company has a good attitude about the environment....all that matters
to corporate decision-making is profit.

Interesting discussion,  the rest of that note was spot on, but this one is
so far off the mark its not funny.   Corporate decision making is usually
bottom line last.   First is product line and core competency, then risk
assessment,  then profit potential.  One person on that board screaming
about environmental problems will and does derail everything.

Cooperate boards are much more complex and well meaning than that.  That
statement smacks me as someone with a grudge that has not ever actually been
in volved in the process or knowing the any of the people involved.  I hope
for better thought processes here.

A bigger concern is the rouge privates,  such as we have now in the US in
the form of Chem Salesmen.  They are pushing proactive pest treatments.  Not
because they are told to,  but because of personal financial gains.

Do corporations make mistakes?  Sure  Look at Asbestos.  Most here would
jump up and down about the cancer issue.  But what about the reality that it
is the best fire retardant we have?  Lots of speculation the twin towers
would still be up had they used it.

And of course we have big tobacco issues....  fair enough.  But Eli Lilly?
Is there goal harm?  I think not.  They try there hardest to find cures for
those who need them....

Monsanto, Cebi Giegy, etc.  are doing all they can to feed the world, as
well as make a profit,  to claim other wise is....  Well I can't think of a
good term to use here...  but you get the point.

Charles