From:
MIKE ALLSOPP <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:29:12 GMT+2
Dear All

To those that have sent information on fluon, and on tanglefoot,
thanks.

> For those who may not know what this message is about, fluon is a "paintable
> teflon" that ants cannot walk on (they cannot get a grip), so might have some
> use in protecting beehives from ant predation (or harassment).
>
> So, Mike, I think people would be interested in knowing how you plan to use
> fluon and if you do use it, what results you got with it.  Best wishes and good
> luck.
>
> Layne Westover, College Station, Texas

We will soon be testing both fluon & tanglefoot to control our ant
problem, and I will certainly relay to the list the results of our
efforts.

regards

Mike Allsopp

Mike Allsopp                            tel    (27)(21) 887-4690
Honeybee Research Section               fax    (27)(21) 883-3285
Plant Protection Research Institute     pmail  plant3/vredma
Agricultural Research Council           email  [log in to unmask]
P/Bag X5017
Stellenbosch 7599
South Africa