From:
Mary Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 20:20:58 -0400
Hello!

I am quite new to beekeeping; in fact, I won't even have my first hives until
the spring.  I have heard a lot about Carniolans, and am very interested in
starting with that type of bee because of their reputation for gentleness.
 However, now that I've been researching this bee, I find that there are "Old
World," "New World," and Yugoslavian Carniolans.  What's the difference?  I
get very different answers from each of the various apiaries I have called,
all saying that their bees, of course, are best.

Also, how does the gentleness of the Carniolans compare to the Buckfast bee,
in which I am also very interested, and the "Midnite" hybrid bee?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Mary Caldwell
Benicia, CA