From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2015 14:35:41 -0500
Charles, I appreciate very much that information.  I hope I didn't just waste a bunch of money.  Yours and my results don't jive with Randys single MAQS results here:
http://scientificbeekeeping.com/mite-management-update-2013/
Most of his reductions were over 50% though there was one that was a very minimal reduction percentage.  So in both his and my cases the number of colonies sampled were small.  I should have few more numbers late in the week.
Brion

I hope Randy kicks in,  but I read a cpl things in that.  First it was a late summer/ fall application,  and hot and dry.  A lot of climate issues in there.    I would guess smaller hives (not sure what size yours were)  the ones I was treating were doubles chocked full with 2 supers on also full.....

AS mentioned  I have no numbers,  just looking at drone brood popped open during inspections I did not see any real difference before or after.  Compared to the other 400 hives I was running which had been treated with something else  in which I never saw a mite.

It may have worked,  I have used and very much like MAQS,  I think it’s a great product that works well.  Just suggesting that MAQS tested it quite a bit also and came up with the two pad treatment.  If one pad worked as well they could just as easily sell you one pad at the same price and make more money.

Its my opinion that many beekeepers are cheapskates,  and try to save money where they should not.   I understand some think there are problems with queen or brood loss with MAQS,  myself its not been an issue.  This time of year if your mites are high,  it’s a fantastic simple treatment. Yes you will see a larve or two carried out,  but I would wager no more than you would have seen from mite damage.

Charles