From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:39:10 -0400
I have a college intern from Brazil working for us this summer.

She worked with a 1500 colony operation in northern Brazil. She has shared that they do not drive
vehicles near hives and must leave hives with several meters of space between to cut down on
aggressive behavior spreading to adjacent hives while working a nearby hive.

She said everyone wears full protection and that our bees up here are girl scouts compared to the
AHB down there. They don't raise queens as they swarm and raise their own periodically and catch
numerous swarms to rebuild their colony count.