From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:52:37 -0800
Hi all

Just had to add this remark to what I posted previously. It
is from email reply from my friend ERik Osterlund when I
sent the information to him about the cave paintings.

Erik wrote:
Looked in a big book by Crane yesterday and saw a note
about a person in the 16th century having observed bees in
Peru building combs in holes in trees the same way as bees
in Europe.

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby (This makes me feel better about Eva Crane for
documentation is scattered and few, but glad the above is
in a book she did and now I'd certainly like to know who
was observing the european like comb by bees in Peru back
then)