From:
George Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:37:19 EST
Peter, your apology is accepted.
.In a message dated 2/21/2007 11:43:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

" Also, if you live in Florida, you will no doubt get  African bees in some
of your hives,
and these bees are known to abscond  when conditions are at all unfavorable."
Every hive in Florida or yard is not yet infested by AHB's. Mine are not  and
were not, as yet there are none reported in Central Florida( which  a  large
area of Florida) i.e. to my personal knowledge. 4 years ago my bees did
abscond.

"By the way, Jerry's comment about old equipment was not a  criticism of your
equipment."

Perhaps, Jerry could speak for himself!

  Old gummed up equipment is never a bonus, aside from being  cheap and easy
enough
to obtain.

My frames are Perico plastic and were not cheap or easy to obtain.

.  I hope some of this information may be helpful.
I too, have hopes that my past  (a 4 year ago)  experience could have been
helpful to others.

pb

Incidentally, in one of the responses I received the quality of my  inspector
was  and experience questioned.  Our Florida inspectors are  well respected
and trained. Under-manned as they are do an excellent  service.

And as Dee always signs,

respectfully submitted
http://www.aol.com.