From:
Roger White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:34:51 +0200
Whilst we are on the subject of honey and other sweeteners, I thought I might see if any of the members of this group have any in depth knowledge concerning the adulteration of honey by the feeding of sugar syrup, or hfcs, to increase production.  Also of concern is the addition of hfcs to honey after extraction.  The Pancyprian Beekeepers Society is very concerned about the adulteration of honey by any of the above. The Cyprus state laboratory seems incapable of distinguishing pure honey from adulterated, either locally produced or imported from other countries.  Does anyone know if these substances are difficult to detect?  If indeed they are  detectable and most importantly, does anyone have the address (worldwide) of a laboratory that can do these tests for the society, they need a laboratory that can do all the tests and give a written report.
Roger White
Superbee Cyprus