Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 09:53:03 GMT
Hi all,

Lets sort this out once and for all......

  In the UK mineral oil equals liquid parrafin.  Mineral oil is not
the same as parrafin oil which is used in domestic heaters (eg  such
as those used in greenhouses).

Baby oil is mineral oil BUT has other substances added, do not use
baby oil!

Ask your chemist/pharmacist/agricultural merchant for pure light
liquid parrafin , if you are still confused !!

Go to a reputable pharmacist, drug house, chemist , whatever...
Ask any pharmacist to look up the MEREK INDEX 11th edtion, page 7141,
item 7139, Petrolatum,liquid.  (otherwise known as mineral
oil,parrafin oil, other tradenames are :Clearteck,Drakeol,Hevyteck
etc... etc.. ) Any pharmacist who is creditable will recognise this
reference!  This is what you want, NOTHING else will do.

QED

regards
Philip Earle