From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:35:31 -0400
From: Ron Taylor [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Mon 2008.06.23 10:24
To: Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
Subject: RE: [BEE-L] What happens to okl frames?

Hey: I have been using a pressure washer to clean both Frames and the bee
boxes.  I feel that I have had good success.  Depending on how old the frame
is, the pressure will bring wood to a clear wood color that is usable in a
super or brood box. .  I let them dry and then put foundation in and back in
the box.  If they are old they will fall apart under the pressure.  I save
the pieces for parts and out the old parts in my burn pile for my wood
burning stove in my shop.

I have used screens to save the left over wax.  I use a old deep super where
I put in 5 frames.  I work one frame at a time.  The water does a job
cleaning them.

The pressure does a good job cleaning the inside of the hive bodies and
supers.  I believe this is a big time saver.

Question: What is the best way to feed old dark honey back toi bees.

Thanks

Ron Taylor
Geechee Honey farm
Cottageville SC