Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 23:26:02 -0500
Out of concern for the decline in the number of bees due to parasites,
disease, and pesticide misuse, I offer this prayer for the bees.  I invite
you to make it your prayer as well.

Our Heavenly Father,

Thank you for creating us and our glorious earth.  We especially want to
thank you for the bees that so fascinate us in their unique ways.  We grieve,
as you most surely grieve as well, over the decline in the number of bees.

Help us as caretakers of your creation to be diligent in protecting them.
 Those of us who care for bees ask that you give us wisdom in the way we
manage them.  May we be diligent in our study of the bees that we may be
knowledgeable and alert to their needs, and recognize the treatments they may
need.

Help us to find ways to educate the public about the importance of our bees
and about the seriousness of the threat to our food supply should they die
out.  Help them to overcome their fears of bee stings with a sincere
appreciation of their importance and an awareness of how gentle bees are
under normal circimstances.

Impress upon the farmers and the crop dusters the seriousness of pesticide
misuse to the existance of our bees.  May they see the need for bees to
assure us a variety of foods as well as better tasting foods.  May they
recognize our loss if the bees die out.  Expand their concern for the total
welfare of mankind and may they not let personal greed get in the way of good
stewardship.  Be with our lawmakers and law enforcers and give them the
desire to be knowledgeable and protective of our bees.

And, Lord, when our efforts and energy have maxed out and we realize we can't
do it all, please watch over our bees.  Protect them from what we cannot.
 Give them the care that we, through neglect or lack of time and energy,
cannot give.  Hold them in your hands when calamities occur in the weather.
 Intervene when man in his ignorance and/or greed would do them harm.

May the unique and wondrous bees that you created continue to bless this
earth with their services in pollinating our plants and providing us with
their golden sunshine -- honey.

Amen

QueenB Jan  (Janice Green) and Pollinator (Dave Green)