From:
Luc Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 15:01:19 +0200
>Please, if anyone knows the Nicolt's addrees in France, could let me know?
>I'm needing the cage to honeybee queen rearing. Could you supply the
>addrees and/or Fax of this suplly house?
>Thank you.
>Jorge Tello Duran

Dear Jorge,

Nicot (without "l") is a plastic industry which produces a lot of different
things. Plastic queenrearing equipment is on the catalogue because the
director is a hobby beekeper.
Nicot don't sell directly to individual beekeepers. You have to buy Nicot
's material to a supplier.

Best adress in France for export is
THOMAS
86, rue Abb=E9 Thomas
45450 Fay-aux-Loges
Tel 33/38 59 56 20
=46ax 33/38 59 28 28

The name of the queenrearing box is "cupularve" (the queen, prisoner in the
box, laies directly her eggs in 100 plastic cups). Price is actually about
40 US$. My advice : buy also a lot of plactic cups. Other than Nicot are
not suitable. Price for 1000 cups : about 30 US$.

There is a difficulty using the cupularve : when you use the box for the
first time, the bees must build a comb from the wax coated on the plastic
fondation. Lot of beekeepers don't luck with that. If the bees clean the
wax, it is possible to replace the wax ressource with a brush and liquid
wax. Best is to give the box to a extanding colony having wax fondations to
handle. As the box have to be fixed into a frame, you can place wax
foundation around the box. The box 's comb will be build in the same time
that the foundation.

I wish you success.

Luc Noel (Belgium)
E-mai : [log in to unmask]