From:
Dennis LaMonica <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2012 20:21:38 -0400
In light of the Harvard study, it should be interesting to see what the
Purdue U webinar hosted by Ohio State U has to say about the neonics....
see below.

           [image: pollinators in action]
[image: OARDC]
*TheBuzz@OSU *
* *
Watch Purdue University's Webinar recording:

Protecting Honey Bees during planting season.

>Most of the annual crop acreage planted in North America this year will be
planted with neonicotinoid treated seed. Neonicotinoids are extremely toxic
to honey bees and recent research suggests that honey bees foraging near
these types of plantings may be at risk. The risk is greatest during the
period while crops are being planted.

>In addition to providing an overview of the research, the webinar offers
suggestions for both field crop growers and beekeepers that can minimize
the chances of honey bee exposure to these chemicals in the field.

https://gomeet.itap.purdue.edu/p32228058/<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001hRM_mO1uz6hyxwAeZpqr7Wt_b5V98jILR2MJo1cwaJG_hy2VcbhV5aZkWM4GOgOzDnxiTqFsoCYN1I8JgKEj_ursuSCEUdqBt1WAChrCCitIJG1fnUDNUQv-m9uf9jcZRzr_jVufuFg=>