From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:20:50 -0400
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:05:29 -0400, Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If a third of the bees are gone from a few hundred beekeepers' hives in 20
>something states,

to me the map of 20 something states says nothing more then at least one beekeeper who has a
mailing address in that state reported "apperent" CCD symptoms.  it does not even imply that the
hives affected were in that state at time of said CCD discovery. until numbers/state are attached to
that map and the widely cited claim of X number of states are affected, its all worthless chatter as
it does nothing to define the SCOPE of the problem.

>all the clubs in the country should start surveying their own members.

that could easily lead to more erroneous data collected in areas which have a real winter. unless
the survery was limited to asking about last season and into fall

I have asked many times here..if you have over wintered hives in the north and they had bees in
them in fall, how would CCD happen after temps fall below 40F and stay there until spring?  I don't
see bees leaving hives at winter temps as part of the CCD symptom list. like had bees in fall,
wrapped and came back in march to empty hive.? come on folks we have ZERO reports of that. .

in fact I would say all these over wintered CCD claims are the most bogus of all. its CCD me too
syndrome.