From:
Almer's Apiary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 21:35:37 -0500
If you happen to be in an area where you get either Cotton or harvestable
Aster honey late in the year you might want to rethink storing wet supers.
The wet honey crystallizes and in my case seemed to be seeding the spring
honey resulting in early crystallization.

I had always assumed that the bees would clean all that out before storing
spring honey but it appears that in my case the good strong spring honey
flow was changing the bees' priority from cleaning to storing honey.  Or it
could have been that they did clean the cells and stored the Cotton honey
along with the spring honey(which would not be seeding but the result might
be the same).

This is totally non scientific and completely based on experience and
assumptions as to the cause and effect BUT when I discontinued storing wet
Cotton honey supers, the problem went away.

Bob Fanning
North Alabama USA