From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:39:49 -0700
--- Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I do not know why the concept of "excessive quotes"
> is so hard to understand...

I understand the difficulty of of your work, as I do
help moderate a list or two.   I have observed however
that some posts on BEE-L get rejected for excessive
quotes, and then another post seems to appear that has
similarities of abundant excess quoting.  This dosen;t
bother me but,,,
IMO, without having strict rules as the number of
lines per post members can quote.  The 'excessive
quote' rule will remain a ambiguous flimsy rule at
best, and as a result subject to abuse by not only the
'list member' but also the 'moderators'.

I always tried to post a snip of the previous post, so
that any person that is searching the database can
easily understand the intent of the post.  But if a
minimal amount of snips are not allowed,  IMO it
becomes difficult for anybody to successfully research
discussions on the database to get the answers they
need.  This is known as the 'Jeopardy' effect, you are
given the answers, but have to go to another post to
see what the question was.  Your doing a fine job
moderating, but good luck fighting the excessive quote
violations, you have your hands full.

Best Wishes,
Joe