From:
Lyle Greenwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 22:12:49 -0400
I added a second story to my bees' hives today and I could not resist
stealing a little honey... a frames worth. However, I found out after the
fact that I did not have another replacement sheet of foundation. Can I
place an empty frame in the hive and what are the drawback to that?

When you found your frame didn't have foundation, Take one of the outside
frames from your upper super and replace the one you removed, in the lower
super. By the time the bees need the one you removed you can have it
replaced. If you use a frame without foundation they will build comb all
over the place.

Hope this helps
Lyle from
North Alabama