Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:44:27 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
I think we would be foolish to think that the only insects that we are losing are the honey bees.  We only mostly know about honey bees because we keep them in our box hives.  We just don’t do with other insects like we do with bees.  I turn on the outside light and there are very few bugs.  I checked a couple of rows of vehicles at one of the big box stores; hardly any bugs.  While driving home the other night I asked my wife what was missing as she looked out through the windshield.  She didn’t understand what I was asking, so I told her: there are no bugs flying.  I have seen on the internet there are many other places where people have noted that there are no bugs.
Not everyplace is saying no bugs but it is spread out throughout our country.  It can be noted that it is occurring in other places around the world but not every place.
I would personally conclude that there is something happening not only to our bees but also to other insects.  If this is indeed a major problem, then if we can find out what is happening and fix it, it would be a big help not only to the honey bees but also to the many other pollinating insects.

Bill Bartlett
Southern Maryland USA
The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2