From:
Paul Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:22:04 -0800
At 20:01 -0500 3/31/99, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Gamma radiation (my life's work testing atom bombs and cobalt irradiation)
>definitely kill spores, but the places that will allow you to do it seem few
>and far between.

[snip]

I just did a searc on "radiation sterilization" in yahoo and got 78 hits.
There are several companies listed in the U.S. as well as supplliers. I did
not see a listing for the one east of L.A. A little research with these
contacts would find out who could do it.

As I remember from the article in the LA Times, this place was mostly
sterilizing spices and other food products. The items are put on pallets
and moved through the exposing area. I guess you would just stack your
supers on a fork lift pallet, put in on your truck, and drive your truck
there. A wrap of clear plastic pallet wrap would keep everything together
and keep the detritus in your hive from falling out in the exposing roon,
after all they can't just go in there any old time to sweep up.

Paul

Paul Nicholson               Electronic Imaging Systems, Inc.
TEL 805 532 1068             5148 Commerce Avenue, Unit F
FAX 805 532 1065             Moorpark, CA 93021 U.S.A.
[log in to unmask]              http://www.eisusa.com