From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:17:11 -0400
This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the BEE-L
list
at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove excessive quotes of
previously posted material.

----------------- Original message (ID=7A4152CA) (63 lines)
-------------------
From: "huestis" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology"
Subject: Re:      Spring Losses
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 08:01:35 -0700

Hi Rick,

I believe I live a wee bit above you in Crown Point, NY.  I am seeing the
same thing out of my use to be 45 colonies. One yard or 20 all lost except
6.  Used apistan and apicure just like the label says. In my yard in
Ticonderoga out of 26 lost 5.  I don't think the med's were poor quality.
Michael Palmer told me on sci.agri. newsgroup that we have apistan resistant
mites here from the Carolinas. This winter wasn't unusually cold but very
long as I still have 15+ inches of snow at my home yard(the most loss).
Carniolan colonies are doing very well and colonies in 3 deep arrangement
the best. Have forty queens coming next week. Not sure if I'll be able to
split enough to make up loss this early to use all the queens.  How long can
I hold them in battery box?

Hope you did better than me

Clay