From:
David Rosenbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 09:04:26 -0700
On Thu, 14 May 1998, Garth wrote:

> I recently read an article in fortune 500 about the medical...
> Here (...in Africa...)doctors will tell a person who gets a minor welt
> that they are allergic -
> And as a last little thing - the only place capitalism should not be
> directly applied is in the medical field. It is open to too much
> corruption.

In response, I would say:

1) Do *not* look to the capitalist rag "Fortune 500" for
   scientific/medical information.

2) A doctor (or anybody) who equates a minor welt with beesting allergy is
   seriously misinformed.

3) At least in the US, most individual physicians struggle daily to honor
   their oath to take care of their patients, in spite of all of the
   ever-increasing intrusions of capitalist (profit-motive) interests in
   the "health care industry."

Best wishes,

David Rosenbaum
Seattle, WA. USA