From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:02:14 -0700
An interesting point is the year-to-year variation in mite levels.

I spent the day yesterday doing individual alcohol washes of potential
breeder colonies, as well as other colonies in the almonds.  Mite levels
were higher across the board than in either of the previous two years,
despite my using more thymol and formic treatments than in previous years.

Is this a reflection of my choice of breeder queens from last season, or of
something else?  Every year is a new learning experience for me.

Randy Oliver