From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:06:17 -0500
>  This is good, as it will remove the conflict of
>interest.

Bologna! All this is going to do is ruin the inspection service. There
isn't enough money to hire enough full time inspectors to do the job, and
keep them employed for a full year. Would you give up your summers for a
part time job, Joe? I think the way it has been run in the past has worked
perfectly well. I have never seen anything underhanded in the NYS
Inspection Service. The inspectors do a great job, and if they are able to
run an apiary of their own, then great! Don't make it like one program I
know. When the inspector finally wanted to have his own operation...of more
than 50 colonies...he had to quit, and the state look for a new candidate.
Stupid, if you ask me.

>   bringing a competitor into your apiary...

You're being paranoid, Joe. And I don't believe it would cut the work force
in half. There are only so many days that inspectors can work, and there
aren't enough hours in the day to get the job done.

I support the inspectors too, and think they should be rewarded for their
work. That means a pension after years of service...oh yeah...they don't
have to pay benefits to part time work..hmm.
Mike