Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 17:06:18 -0700
At 02:44 PM 8/30/96 -0600, you wrote:
>A friend of mine works on a public television show involving science issues
>that is directed to kids.  (Newton's Apple the show is called.)  She called
>me today for advice on writing a small 25-word-or-less "fascinating fact"
>about honeybees.
>
>I proposed a few ideas such as the way/ways bees communicate, the number of
>flowers that they visit, weights of nectar loads, the effect of diet in
>determining development of queens/workers, etc.  However, they still want
>other ideas - things that can be put across clearly and succinctly.
>
>My request to this group:  What do you think are facts about honeybees that
>would be most fascinating to a kid between 8 and 15 years old?
>
>Whitney Cranshaw
>Colorado, USA

What attracts honeybees to flowers?
Can honeybees see color?
How do they find their way home?
Where does the queen come from?
Why do the bees make more honey than they can use?
What determines the color of the honey?
Where does the hum come from when bees fly?
Do they sleep at night?
How can they see in their closed hives?
Why don't they make their comb cells with five or seven sides?
How does their stinger work?
Why do beekeepers use smoke?

My fingers are tired.