From:
Ted Wout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 00:09:38 -0400
 Walt Barricklow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>need some help on how to filter out air bubbles in my honey jars.  I have
small extractor and let the
honey  flow into a large jar, then heat some to get the honey to flow
through a cheese cloth into pint
jars that have been boiled clean and dried.  My honey is very thick and
flavorful, but at the top of the
pint jars are small air bubbles<<
We let our honey sit in a bottling tank for a few days.  The honey is so
thick that air bubbles, dead bees, pieces of wax and whatever else gets
into the honey floats to the top.  We skim all that off and then bottle.
Bottles seem to be free of everthing except honey using this method.  No
heat is required saving energy and you don't have to do as much work other
than cleaning the honey tank.  Besides, you have the added advantage of
labeling your honey raw if you don't heat it.  Of course alot of beekeepers
who heat their honey still call it raw.  I have to look at myself in the
mirror every morning.

Ted Wout
Red Oak, TX, USA