From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 13:13:31 -0600
> I suspect the real analysis needed would not be the nitrogen in the feed
> or bee but in any case it would be impossible to correct any problems in
> the bees then living and a new cycle of bees would need to be reared
> with the corrected diet to make any difference in the hive.

This is something I wonder about;  I understand that newly hatched bees
seek out and eat pollen, and the amount and quality that they consume
determines how robust they will be.

However from the Australian article, I understood that the bees lost
protein as the honey flow continued.  Now was this due to young bees
hatching and not being properly nourished, or is it due to adults using up
their body reserves of protein?  Or both?

Do adult bees require pollen throughout their entire lives?

Allen

BTW, I lost a lot of incoming mail and some folders of material I intended
to reply to recently, so if anyone on this list wrote me in the last week
or so, please send me another copy.  TIA