From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:42:11 -0400
Bob,

I don't know about Missouri  or the land of Oz ,but here around me and the group of high roller pollinators I know 30 to 50 percent loss is not uncommon.
Even the manager of the Dadant branch made a comment to me recently about if folks tell you this way low number about losses I'd take it with a grain of salt, cause everyone around here has had a rough time.
Granted we all have things we slack on from time to time but myself and a lot of my friends are going above and beyond feeding, putting on protein patties ,and every other thing you can do and still have loss. I for one would consider anything that would,or might could help lower my loss percentage and not bee :) detrimental to the bees.
I know you mean well but it almost seems like your saying he's been practicing  ,ppb ( piss poor beekeeping). With CCD some problems can't easily be dismissed by just thinking there are steps missed by the beekeeper could've or should've done, if it was that easy, you could be a consulting guru for us by now.
I know what you mean, but it's a complex problem of group of problems , and know clear cures offered as of yet.( hopefully Jerry will help us out )