From:
Mary Ann Kae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2017 15:54:53 -0400
Bill,
I'm an urban hobby beek and that happened to me last month. Had some boxes stacked on my patio with empty frames that I was sorting in preparation for splits.  One stack was on a bottom board.  I was home one afternoon when the next-door neighbor phoned about the "tornado" of bees around the lilac tree near my patio. I knew they weren't my bees b/c I'd recently done inspections.  Sure enough: The scouts were doing their nasanov wiggle on the landing board, the swarm began congregating on the pavement, and within 20 minutes they all walked into those boxes.  Easiest swarm catch, ever! The years that I set out bait hives on purpose - no luck!

Mary Ann Kae
Seattle