From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:12:19 -0500
  Hello All,

>Perhaps these almonds will turn out a little smaller in size?

I don't know. I do know what California almonds look and taste like right
off the tree.

A couple people have said the Stark Brothers "hardy almond" is very
different than those grown in California. Maybe you can send me a couple to
look at and try when they start producing?

I have got quite a few Stark Brothers trees and have been very happy with
most varieties but disappointed with a couple varieties. NOT THE TREES as
they arrived in good shape and were healthy.

I like their service and if in the area of their farms they give tours which
I took a few years ago while on my way to Dadant for supplies.

>  California growers are now
seeking to ban bees within 2 miles of their Clementine mandarin
groves in order to ensure seedless fruit...causing beeekeepers to
miss out on an important honey crop.

The billionaire " King of California" Stewart Resnick (google his name)could
end the problem if he would sit down with the eighteen commercial beekeepers
involved *in my opinion*

So far all beekeepers are speaking with are his lawyers!

Bob